Sunday, June 28, 2009

7(B) Brothers

I have two brothers. I always miss them. We have never been together for long. When I was in nursery they were in School. When I was in school they were in college. Due to different reasons we had to live and study in different places.

When I completed my college, I thought I could be with them agin. But by then they got married. They have their own micro family to take care. They have to be with them always. That is how things are supposed to work.



When I really wish their presence, I will think about those good childhood days. I used to fight a lot with my second brother and used to hurt him much. I still feel so much guilt when I see the scars on his face. He is elder to me for four years. In old days we used to Dream loudly. That means we used to imagine and share the kind of things that we do when we grow up. He was so creative. In a way I understood the meaning of creativity from him. Our common topic for discussions were making of ad films, feature films, theme based restaurants etc.. He was my window to the outside world. He was so supportive and confident on me in everything. We had a lot in common.



My eldest brother is elder to me for 6 years. He was one of the most intelligent men I know. Like my father. Both of them were super good with Mathematics and logic in which I was least comfortable. Their common talent made them best pals. I remember they were more like friends than a father and son. And somehow after many years they are more like father and son and not like friends. I remember two instances in which my eldest brother hugged me. He cried once after scolding me because of my poor performance in mathematics. I didn’t know he loved me so much. But somehow I became under performer compared with him throughout my academic days. We have very less in common. That makes me sad.



I believe your closeness with someone is directly proportional to what you have in common. When you have so much to share you have so much to talk. The more you talk the more you understand. I am scared now. Time is running up. When I can be among his friends?



When we were kids he was our hero. Everyday after reaching from school he would tell us his heroic stories. Like how he flied in a – to school or about his fight with the street rowdies. We believed him without doubt.

2 comments:

Alwin Kalathil said...

Dear bro,Very good narration...this shows how close u are with them,though u all havent spent much time together.I always thought I suffered a lot of loneliness because I was the only kid for my parents.But everyone has his own bundle of sorrows,and every single person feels he has the heaviest one.

John said...

Raphael bhai ,

താങ്കള്‍ പറഞ്ഞത് വളരെ ശരി ആണ്.
"everyone has his own bundle of sorrows,and every single person feels he has the heaviest one."
- Funny isn`t?